Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hi you?

What makes comedy? For me, in my own writing, it's usually absurdity and twists. This writing will probably not be funny to you. I know this because it's not that funny to me either. I guess that's what makes it funny.


I will try to be witty with a short haiku.
The day broke through time.
The abstract layers became.
Pictures of just shapes.
See? I write stuff like that and I have no idea what it means. It sounds good though. If you hadn't of known that this was supposed to be a funny piece then I guarantee you that you would have thought I was some sort of genius for writing such a beautiful piece like that. You might wonder to yourself, "What does that savant mean by those perfectly chosen words?"
You would be very sad to find out that literally everything I write is a serendipitous mess. I have a very good skill at becoming lucky when it comes to choosing sentences and words that flow and create vivid hipstery imagery that makes people wonder about the knowledge that I hold that they do not. My sentences are too wordy and contain too many ideas. But they are seen as smart because they're illogical. It's funny that the stuff that doesn't make sense comes off as the most amazing. Louis Carrol writes a book about a little girl falling in a hole and entering a LSD induced coma world. Louis Carrol was a drug addict. People think Alice in Wonderland is some fantastic metaphor for some B.S political scenario. It's not. Louis was most likely just high one day and sat down and smashed his head against his oak desk a few times until he could pick up his pencil and write down the colors seen with his concussed eyes. Basically that's what I do when I write. Right now the tv is on pause and there is a crowd of fat americans screaming for American Ninja Warrior contestants. That's pretty funny. Yet most of the time that same image will be on the tv as I write serious pieces that give off strong hints of emotional distress within my heart. Don't worry about me though, because as I write these melancholy passages my mind is fixated on the fat women with the gaping mouth yelling something obscene. That's funny. The weird thing is I looked at the haiku I wrote just now and I'm kind of struck at its creativeness. It still has no meaning but you could place meaning on it. For example, look at the third line. Pictures of just shapes. That's all this writing is. Shapes. It shouldn't have so much meaning. You can place meaning on it though so don't fret. I guess those political scenarios and conspiracies about Louis Caroll were correct in some absurd way. The world is absurd though so really, who gives a shit?

No comments:

Post a Comment